My Best Friends Exorcism by Grady Hendrix



If you are looking for a supernatural thriller that discusses what true loyalty and friendship look like this is a good one to pick up. How far would things have to go before you abandon a close friend? I liked looking up all the 80's references it made me a little nostalgic. 
 

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars


Part of a Series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genres: Supernatural Thriller, Horror


Tropes: Coming of Age, Demon Possession, 1980's Satanic Panic, Adults are Useless, Exorcism 


Things I liked: There were a lot of 80's references which were pretty fun to look up. I feel like it's a really fun read for someone who grew up during that time. 

I loved Brother Lemon, he was hot and he tried his best to be helpful!


Things I disliked: I found the way nobody supported Abby very frustrating. I know she was being weird but people really gave up on her so quickly. No wonder people struggle so much throughout life. It just shows that a little support can go a long way. 


Audiobook or Physical? I did both the audiobook and ebook! I would recommend getting the physical or ebook, theres lots of bonus pictures and content!


If animals are abused, die or are killed in this book: Ah yes poor Max is shot and killed. It does happen off screen but it seemed pretty unnecessary to me.


Extras: Abby's POV

This was a pretty decent book with a lot to discuss in a bookclub.

Comments