A Venom Dark and Sweet by Judy I. Lin

 


Such a good conclusion! I like how she ended it cleanly while also leaving the door open for herself to revisit this series in the future if she ever wants to. Judy's descriptions take me away and really make me feel what these characters are feeling. I'm really looking forward to whatever other books she will be publishing. 

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 

Part of a series or Standalone: #2 in Book of Tea Duology 

Genre: Fantasy Fiction 

Tropes: the Chosen one, Artifacts of doom, I Know Your True Name, All Myths are True

Things I liked: There was way more mythology and divine magic in this one, which I loved. I get so much joy learning the legends that these characters have lived with all their lives. 

Things I disliked: This book had both Kang and Nings POV, I think the first book would have benefited from also having Kang's POV. I think for a few readers going from just one characters POV to suddenly two characters POV in the same series might be a bit jarring for them. 

Audiobook or Physical? I read the physical copy that I own, and I will definitely be revisiting this series in the future. 

Extras: Judy's next project, Song of the Six Relams, comes out in April 2024 and sounds very interesting! 


Comments