Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb


 

It was an amazing beginning to a whole new series and world. The audiobook was really good, I like that the narrator was able to do the female voices so well. It was kinda a slow start, but that's pretty normal for a book that's the beginning of such a long series.


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #1 in Farseer Trilogy, #1 in Realm of the Elderings series


Genre: Fantasy 


Tropes: Royal Bastard, Magic, Medieval Times, Slow Start


Things I liked: I love the world building that's being set up here! I'm excited to explore all the kingdoms and places in Robin Hobbs' world. 


Things I disliked: Since it was the first book in the series, there was a lot getting set up. I wanted more things to happen with the characters, but I do think this will be good later on since I will care more about these characters, so in the end, it will be higher stakes. 


Audiobook or Physical? Audiobook! Paul Boehmer does an amazing job, I felt every character was really brought to life by his performance. 


If any animals are abused, die, or are killed in this book: Two Dogs die, but they die as heros! 


Extras: Fitz's POV, there are so many books Robin has written in this universe. If you are looking for a series to get lost in, this is a good one to invest your time in.

Comments