Empire of Hanging Swords by R.R Egal

 


This was an amazing book! If you like books with loads of amazing battles, both physical and mental, this is a good read. I also particularly loved learning about the world. This author has created unique religions, diverse governments, and even territories we have yet to see. I feel this is only the tip of the iceberg, I'm excited to read the next books in this series. 


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #1 in Gods and Empires Series 


Genre: Dark Fantasy 


Tropes: Cursed, Enemies to Lovers, Royal Intrigue, Gods interfere, Only one bed


Things I liked: The fight scenes were amazingly detailed! It was definitely an action-packed book. The author has made her own pantheon of Gods, I loved learning all the new myths and meeting the Gods as the story progressed. 


Things I disliked: Murder was the solution to basically every problem they encountered. 


Audiobook or Physical? Right now, there is only a paperback and Kindle version. This book would make an amazing audiobook, so I hope one is made in the future. 


Extras: Self-Published author, Debut Book/series

Comments