Mariel of Redwall by Brian Jacques

 



Good story, amazing characters, and lots of lore! If you liked books like Warrior cats when you were a kid or now like me, then you would really love reading this! Im actually pretty sad it took me so long to get around to reading any  Redwall book, I have to listen to the whole series now. If you love little critters being the bravest little guys, then you will definitely love this. 


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or standalone:  There is a publication order and a chronological order. It's #4 in publication of the Redwall series, #6 in chronological order in the Redwall series. However it can be read as a standalone! 


Genre: Fantasy Fiction, Children's Literature 


Tropes:  Pirates, Mad King, Amnesia, Spirit Advisor, Disability Superpower, Now Its Personal


Things I liked: It's nostalgic to read a really good children's story. You can really remember how it felt like reading something like this when you were younger and can appreciate it even more. I also love Honorable Rosemary's laugh. In the audiobook, it sounds perfect. 


Things I disliked: This is a tad nitpicky. While I loved the audiobook, some of the voices were not all the same volume, and at times, this was distracting.


Audiobook or Physical? With a full cast, sound effects, and music, this was one of the best performances of audiobooks that I've listened to. 


If any animals are abused, die or are killed in this book: All the characters are animals in this one so it would be way too many spoilers to include who dies but lets just say there are battles and so there are also losses. 


Extras: Multiple POV's, including Mariel, Dandin, Gabool, and Simeon.

Comments