Tracy Flick Can't Win by Tom Perrotta

 



Overall, it's a solid book. I'm not sure I would read it again, but it was definitely entertaining. If you like drama, this book is filled to the brim with drama, so you will find this satisfying. It's labeled as humorous fiction, which I'm not sure I agree with, maybe the novel method of delivery for the jokes went over my head but I think this book would translate amazingly to any show or movie. 

My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or standalone: #2 in Tracy Flick duology 


Genre: Humorous Fiction 


Tropes: High School Never Ends, Slice of Life, Too Good to Promote, Cheaters Never Prosper


Things I liked: I did like that the story moved pretty fast. There was always something spicy or wild going on. I would love to see this one get made into a movie or show. 


Things I disliked: The way the women were written bothered me. It was very apparent that a man wrote them. He did highlight the struggles these women went through, but it's obviously something he hasn't personally felt, which makes sense, just it showed in the writing. 


Audiobook or Physical? I read the physical book since I had an advanced readers copy, which I should have read sooner. The short sections that switched POV's made it an easy read. 


Extras: Multiple POV's, I did read the first book, which I also gave 3 stars. It takes place when Tracy is in high school.

Comments