Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

 


I loved this book. While writing this review, I ended up changing my rating from 4 to 5 stars. If you like magical fantasy books with dumb hot boys, you will really love this. 


My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #1 of Simon Snow trilogy 


Genre: High Fantasy, Romance


Tropes: The Chosen One, Enemies to Lovers, Dark Lord, Vampires, Magic, Magical School, Orphan Hero


Things I liked: I loved all the characters! They were complex and all completely different. Every single person in this book added to this tale, making me want to know what happens to them! The romance was actually romantic for me, I found that their love was sweet and intense. 


Things I disliked: I do feel like the magical world was not as well explained as it could be, I would have loved more details about how the magical aspects of this world work. What classes are like and everything how people live their everyday lives in this world. 


Audiobook or Physical? I listened to the audiobook, which was really amazing. Euan Morton does such an amazing job. I thought it was several different people! 


Extras: Multiple POV's, Harry Potter Retelling 

Comments