Fake it Till You Bake it by Jamie Wesley

 


If you like romance novels, this one is super cute. We have some very hot messes of characters who find they can be open with each other and end up supporting one another both emotionally and professionally. I also loved all the supporting characters. The team at Sugar Blitz especially made me smile a lot throughout the book. 

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 

Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone (as of right now fingers crossed that Jamie will write about the rest of the Sugar Blitz team) 

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Tropes: Fake dating, Opposites Attract, Emotional Scars, Work Colleagues, Everyone Can see it

Things I liked: This was such a good romance! I loved how the characters were so alive. This book was so good I ended up reading it in 2 days. Every character was loveable. The team at Sugar Blitz really felt like family it was so sweet! I loved the chemistry that Jada and Donovan had they kept throwing each other off their axis, which I think they both needed. Plus, there's a good amount of emotional support, which I found refreshing. 

Things I disliked: I didn't really understand the timeline for everything happening in the story. It was a tad unclear. In the end, there's an epilogue that takes place 3 months later. I had no idea. The rest of the story, I don't really know how much time passed between events. 

Audiobook or Physical? I read my physical copy, which was super fun! There's so many steamy parts, so I'm definitely going to be listening to the audiobook in the future! 

Good Quote: "Facts. "I don't cook. I can't cook." 

"Luckily, you'll be baking. I'm sure Donovan will be more than happy to give you some pointers." 

I love this quote since as a baker people never realize how different baking and cooking are.

Extras: Two POV's (Jada and Donovan), hopefully there will be a book for the other two business partners! Jada is dyslexic so theres some good representation.

Comments