The Wolf Den by Elodie Harper


 I think if you like historical romance novels, this one will be a really good read for you. It's more realistic, though, so at times, there was just pain and little reward for these characters. It was very eye-opening reading about things they would have had to go through. I really need to read the rest of the trilogy! 


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #1 of the wolf den trilogy 


Genre: Historical Fiction, Romance 


Tropes: Everything comes at a cost, what would you do to be free, Forbidden Love, Rich vs. Poor, Use what you got 


Things I liked: All the women in this are so amazingly strong, and it's so emotionally charged. Everything feels so raw and real as these girls go through their lives trying to just survive day to day. 


Things I disliked: Its truly awful that these women don't have their freedom. As you read the injustices they face, they really get to you. It definitely add to the story in a good way, but their situation just makes me so angry. People shouldn't be treated like this, I'm glad some progress has been made since these times. 


Audiobook or Physical? I read the physical book! Which made my experience reading feel really personal, like I was Amara at times. I really want to listen to the audiobooks, I want to know how all the girls sound! 


Extras: Amara's POV

Comments