Joyland by Stephen King

 

Overall, this was a delightful read. I think most people can relate to that one summer where you had a broken heart and tried to find yourself. It's a summer during which you had lots of new experiences that made you who you are today.

 

My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Horror, Mystery, Crime Fiction 


Tropes: That One Summer, Coming of Age, Psychic Powers, Amusement Park of Doom, First Love Blues


Things I liked: The whole book had a really nostalgic feeling throughout it, which I always love. These are fond bittersweet memories! 


Things I disliked: I wish we had gotten Linda Gray's point of view, I wanted to know more of her backstory. The book did have some pacing issues. Since it went so slow, the ending felt almost rushed. 


Audiobook or Physical? The audiobook was very good! I liked Michael Kelly as Devin. I think that was a perfect fit. 


Extras: Devin's POV

Comments