The Hidden Palace by Helene Wecker


 I'm not surprised that I didn't like this book as much as the first one. However, it's still an amazing story. Helene really chose interesting questions to pursue in this novel


My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #2 in Golem and Jinni 


Genre: Romance, Historical Fiction 


Tropes: What does it mean to be human, What is love, Hiding in plain sight, Magic is real, Children see and understand more than we think


Things I liked: I really liked how the choices and past decisions the Golem and Jinni made had consequences that took the whole book to resolve. Both characters were so real to me! 


Things I disliked: I would say I actually wanted it to concentrate more on the Golem and Jinni like in the first book. For this book, we followed the other characters. I think that's why I liked the first book so much more. 


Audiobook or Physical? I listened to the audiobook! It was really well done! George Guidall really is an amazing narrator! 


Extras: Multiple POV's

Comments