A Lion Among Men by Gregory Maguire

 


It's definitely a good book for anyone who likes fantasy. I tend to like very character driven stories. This one has Brrr reminiscing about his past while he tries to accomplish his task at hand. I found the intimate look at his life experiences endearing. 


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #3 in the Wicked Years series 


Genre: Fantasy Fiction


Tropes: Orphan, I am No Longer that person, Succession Crisis, Breather Episode, Civil War, Named by the Adaptation 


Things I liked: I liked Brrr a lot, he was easy to understand and I felt bad that nobody seemed to be on his side. I haven't read the first book in a few years or the second book at all, but this one recaps them both pretty well, so I wasn't confused.


Things I disliked: Not much actually happens plotwise. We just get to more about Brrr and certain events from his point of view. There are some things that are cleared up but nothing major. 


Audiobook or Physical? I read the physical book since I got one at a library sale! I do really wanna listen to the audiobook, I definitely think that would add to the experience in a positive way. 


Extras: Mostly Brrr's POV

Comments