Bridging the Silence by Amy Kaybach



 If you like romance books, I think you will like this series. Overall, it had all the ups and downs any good drama filled romance should have. These are modern musicians dealing with the business of making it in the world. 


My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #1 in Blind Rebels books


Genre: Romance


Tropes: Rockstar, Survivors with PTSD, Happy Ending, Love is the Answer, The Misunderstanding, Healing together, Messed Up Past, Bringing the Band back together. 


Things I liked: I did like that the book brought to my attention the struggles someone with adult-onset selective mutism would have in all aspects of their life, I had never thought about that before, its always nice to see representation especially with Kady being a main character. 


Things I disliked: The book tried to tackle a lot of really intense and hard issues to talk about but I felt that rather than having the consequences be growing moments, some of the issues were solved too quickly so there was no real character growth. I also personally have an issue with someone picking a cupcake as their favorite from a bunch of yummy pastries.


Audiobook or Physical? I read the Kindle version of the book, and there isn't an audiobook out. 


Extras: Kady's and Mavrick's POV, Debut series 

Comments