This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone

 


If you like books that kinda feel like a fever dream, this one is perfect. I liked that in the future, both nature and technology continue to exist and even grow. I know they are at war, but its nice to see that certain things can never be erased from humanity.


My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Fantasy, Science-Fiction, Romance, Time Travel Fiction 


Tropes: Enemies to Lovers, Time Travel, War, Natrure vs. Technology, Sapphic, Letter Writing

 

Things I liked: I felt the growing emotions between the two women soldiers in this war. They discover emotions they didn't realize they could feel or name its very touching. 


Things I disliked: Hard to follow at times, vague about the history and what's actually happening in the war.


Audiobook or Physical? The audiobook was very good! Being able to hear the depth of emotion in both Blue and Red's voices definitely added to the experience. 


Extras: Multiple POV's, short read 

Comments