Season of Storms by Andrzej Sapkowski

 


This was a really dynamic action adventure story with lots of new places and faces! I thought this book was the prequel in the series but have been told it's the last book in the series, which, when I think about it, makes sense. So just a heads up, I don't think it will spoil too much if you do read it first in the series, but you might end up with more questions than answers, which could be dissatisfying. 


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #O in the Witcher series, it's actually the last book that got published, though, so it's basically the ending of the series. 


Genre: Fantasy Fiction 


Tropes: Amazon Bridgade, All for Nothing, Witchers Shall Not Kill Witchers, Supernatural, Paranormal, Imporvised Weapons, Mad Scientist, Nobody Trusts Our Hero


Things I liked: I did like the few people who were on Geralt's side. They were all unique and interesting. I also like how Geralt kept doing his best despite the obstacles, I know over all he kinda has no choice if he wanted to make money but still he could have sunken to their level but he did his best not too. I particularly liked the part where Geralt was his own lawyer. 


Things I disliked: I really hated how everyone kept being so rude to Geralt. They also kept stealing from him. It was very annoying. Just the injustices were super awful. Especially since Geralt spends all of his time just trying to make ends meet while saving as many people as he can by killing monsters.


Audiobook or Physical? I thought the audiobook was really good! Peter Kenny does an amazing variety of voices, which really added to the narrative for me. 


Extras: Geralt's POV

Comments