The Hidden Life of Cecily Larson by Ellen Baker

 


I enjoyed this book! If you like books that have dual timelines as well as a lot of family drama, this is a good read! It was interesting to see how everyone ended up where they did. Every chapter uncovered more and more secrets. It made me think of the tv series, "This is Us".


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Contemporary Historical Fiction 


Tropes: Orphan, DNA test tells all, Dual Timeline, Forbidden Romance, Escape to the Circus, Family Drama, First Love 


Things I liked: Basically, a full female cast here! Which I absolutely loved. It was so interesting to see different women at different stages of their lives dealing with such different issues. 

So much happens to Cecily while she's growing up. You will not be bored reading about her journey. 


Things I disliked: When another family was introduced, I was very confused. It seemed like the story shifted so suddenly to them. 


Audiobook or Physical? I read the physical book since I got my hands on an advanced readers copy! I'm curious about the audiobook. This one could be confusing if the narrator can't do different voices, I think having multiple narrators for this one would be a good call. 


Extras: Switches between Cecily, Liz, Molly, Kate, and Clarissa's POV




Comments