I Kissed Alice by Anna Birch

 


The hatred Rhodes and Iliana felt for each other at the beginning was so intense, all their feelings where so intense I loved getting drawn in immediately by how they were going to find out about each other and how explosive it was going to be. It was refreshing to read a Sapphic YA novel, with a bit of art and online flirting in the mix! Both girls are so different but very strong. I ended up having a lot of respect for both of them at the end.


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Mystery, Romance 


Tropes: Enemies to Lovers, Sapphic, Art School, Scholarship Competition, Coming of Age, First Love, Useless Adults


Things I liked: I found the whole talking online very relatable for when I was young, I remember role playing with people on Deviant Art and things like that. 

I was so happy to read a book where the main characters identified as either lesbians or bi. It's always awesome to see the representation! 

The Alice in Wonderland mentions were super fun, I'm such a sucker for any type of reference to that series it happens to be one of my favorites. 


Things I disliked: I found the characters very childish at times, which is kind of a given when it's a YA novel, but I'm just not in that mindset anymore. 

I really wanted to know more about what was going on in their online comic they were making together. I need these to be real comics!


Audiobook or Physical? Audiobook for this one was really good. Lori Prince and Jesse Vilinsky did our girls' justice! 


Extras: Dual POV's between Rhodes and Iliana

Comments