The Fragile Threads of Power by V.E.Schwab

 


It was really such a joy to be able to revisit these characters! Theres so many mysteries left! I'm glad there's a door being open to explore this universe and characters more. I do think you should read the shade of magic series before reading this book. It will improve your enjoyment of this new series coming out.


My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #1 in Threads of Power, #4 in Shades of Magic Universe 


Genre: Fantasy 


Tropes: Magic, See and Touch Magic, Royal Intrigue, Who am I behind the mask, Artifact, Long Live the King, Blood Magic, Parallel Londons, Returning Characters, Hiding in plain sight


Things I liked: I loved hearing from all my favorite characters again! Its really heartwarming to see their journeys continue. The dynamics between everyone feel really good, and its nice to see them fighting and being awesome again. 

The new characters are really interesting! Tes and Kosika are amazing additions to the series. I can't wait to see what else they will do in this series.

It was also neat to hear from some background characters that were in previous books.


Things I disliked: I'm really upset that the rest of the series isn't out already. Waiting for the next books is going to be really hard


Audiobook or Physical? Audiobook was not for me. The voice actors are amazing, but they narrated the Wheel of Time series, and their voices bring me to those books. Plus, I've always thought of Kell and everyone with the voice actor from the Shades of Magic book, Steven Crossley. I listened to a little of the first Shades of Magic book to get those voices in my head while I read my Kindle Libby loan. 


Good Quote: "The whole place reminded her of a fairytale: quaint, and welcoming, and too good to be true."

"Morning has broken like an egg over the city, a yellow light that looked warmer than it felt as it touched the rooftops and glinted on store windows."

"Rhy couldn't sleep, so he'd decided to get drunk instead. It took some effort-his tolerance built over years of drinking Kell under the table-but he approached the task with dedication"


Extras: Multiple POV's

Comments