The Last House on Needless Street by Catriona Ward

 


This is a very intense and interesting thriller. Every time I put the book down, I always had a bunch of questions that I needed answered. Which in the end they do all get answered, I'm pretty sure all the pieces are there for us to solve everything as well but I definitely missed most of them so the mystery is very intricately crafted. 


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Mystery Thriller


Tropes: Mysterious Things Are Happening, Memory Loss, Cursed Items, Humans Can Be Evil, Traumatic Past, Creepy Settings


Things I liked: All the characters were super interesting! Everyone has so much to add to the narrative. 

Everything fell into place perfectly. As soon as you had a question, the author was explaining that piece of the puzzle next. Which I found very satisfying.


Things I disliked: The imagery was very vivid, I found myself having to step away from the book a few times before continuing. 


Audiobook or Physical? The audiobook was amazing! Christopher Ragland really becomes every single character that they voice! 


If any animals are abused, die, or are killed in this book: A bunch of birds are murdered at the beginning of this novel, so be prepared since the descriptions are extremely vivid. A hamster named Snowball dies as well. He's a class pet in the wrong hands.


Extras: Multiple POV's


Comments