Crown of Coral and Pearl by Mara Rutherford

 


Any lover of fantasy will enjoy this book, its rich world filled with people trying to make their lives for their loved ones better while horrible politics are going on in the background. A city on the water to a city under a mountain we get to see a little bit of this world and I can't wait for more!


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #1 in Crown of Coral and Pearl series


Genre: Fantasy YA novel 


Tropes: Twins but one has a scar, Strong Female protagonist, Exotic Locations, Forbidden Love, The Outsider, Homesick 


Things I liked: Nor was such a strong character, I liked that she was trying her best even if, at times, that wasn't enough. Some of the situations she was in I impressed how she overcame them. The amount of pressure she had been under was something I could relate a lot with growing up in a world obsessed with looks. 


Things I disliked: I would love more of the lore! The book had such a rich and well thought out world that I wanted to know more and more. I need to know more!


Audiobook or Physical? I read the Kindle version since it was the only one available from Libby, which was a really good experience for me. I'm curious what everyone sounds like in an audiobook, so I might listen to the second book! 


Extras: Nor's POV, Debute Novel

Comments