End of Watch by Stephen King

 


It was my least favorite out of the trilogy, but it was definitely an ending to the series. Bill and Brady are really good nemesis in this one. If anything, this was the best novel for Holly. She really grew a bit from the first book in the series. This one should read for Holly more than anything else.


My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #3 in Bill Hodges trilogy 


Genre: Thriller, Mystery 


Tropes: It was me behind everything, psychic powers, retired but not done, buisness partner not secretary, kids and their gadgets, free is free, hypnosis, one last case


Things I liked: I liked Bill's pov a lot when we got it. He was really well written out in this one. 

I also really liked Holly. She's getting more of the spotlight, which it great cause she's such an interesting character. 


Things I disliked: We didn't hear enough from some of the background characters to the point where it was almost disruptive when they were suddenly inserted into the narrative. 

Brady's grand plan was a little out there, sometimes its better to keep things simple. Honestly, we should have had a different villain for this novel.


Audiobook or Physical? I read the physical book, and it was a good page turner with the way the chapters were shorter. It made the book easy to consume. 


If any animals are abused, die, or are killed in this book: There was a dog that got its throat slashed, but we didn't experience the crime just the aftermath. 


Extras: Multiple POV's we get a little from everyone 



Comments