You, Again by Kate Goldbeck

 


This was such a page turner. There was enough drama and cuteness to keep me hypnotized. I kept finding myself wanting to finish the book quickly since I needed to know if Ari and Josh were able to make it happen. From meet cute to ending, I was entertained and maybe even frustrated at times, but it's all part of the charm of reading a book with such real characters. 


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Contemporary Romance 


Tropes: Enemies to Friends to Lovers, Incapable of Love, Love is the Answer, Grumpy Sunshine, Hopless Romantic meets Commitment Phobe


Things I liked: It was like reading a more modern version of When Harry Met Sally, the author totally nailed! I was a little worried going into it with such high expectations, but I felt they were met.

Josh and Ari both felt so real, and they were messy. It was easy to relate to both characters, which made it even easier to root for them. 


Things I disliked: I would have loved to see the story continue a bit more, I wanted to read about the happier parts but I know most people find those parts boring so I understand the choice to end it where it did. 


Audiobook or Physical? Audiobook was really good! Kristen DiMercurio did a good job of having the banter hit just right. 


Extras: Switches between Josh and Ari's POV's, Debute novel

Comments