Bravelands: Thunder on the Plains :The Shattered Horn by Erin

 


I'm a big warrior cats fan. At first, I didn't want to venture into another series that has multiple books, especially since the first series only had lions on the covers. I didn't realize other animals like hyenas, elephants, and honey badgers would be involved, so now I've been drawn into another huge series, but I have no regrets! 


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Bravelands Universe #10

Thunder on the Plains #1 


Genre: Fantasy


Tropes: Animal Religion, Artistic License with Biology, Bully, Cool Old Lady, Sees Visions, Live by the Code


Things I liked: I loved the hyenas! Finally, some good representation for them! 

All the main characters have really interesting story arcs going on, I'm super interested to see how they connect to each other. 

The descriptions are very detailed, I love seeing the cool characters come to life, more animals makes everything really interesting, especially since they won't always understand each other's motives at first and have to try harder to understand each other and work together. 


Things I disliked: There's a lot of power-hungry characters, I wish they would just leave my guys alone!


Audiobook or Physical? Audiobook was really good! I feel James Fouhey does an excellent job of expressing the characters' inner selves with his narration. 


If any animals are abused, die, or are killed in this book, all the characters are animals, so there are some deaths, but going into details would spoil the story.


Extras: Stride, Whisper, and Breath Stealers POV



Comments