The Five Stages of Courting Dalisay Ramos by Melissa De La Cruz

 


If you are an avid Romance reader, you need to pick this one up. It has everything a romance novel should have, a hot sweet guy, a cool lady with her huge family, a whole bunch of neat friends who help the couple at times when they are being too stubborn. This book was definitely a rollercoaster, so be ready to finish this book in one day like I did. You will not want to put it down. 


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Romance 


Tropes: Tradition, family is everything, co-workers, prove your love, hopeless romantic, Fish Out Of Water


Things I liked: Dalisay's family wasn't perfect, but they loved each other. It was really nice to read about such a large family that actually loved each other and cared for each other. 

Evan was really sweet. He also was a whole person, I enjoyed learning about him while Dalisay also learned about him. Sometimes, it was sad that his inner monolog was so negative to himself at times, but this also made him really relatable. He always did his best, and we were rooting for him the whole time.


Things I disliked: The pacing of the book could have been better, at times I was confused since we got through the five courtship stages so quickly I think the drama of this could definitely have been drawn out more.

Audiobook or Physical? I read an Advanced Readers Copy so it was a physical book, however I would love to listen to Evan and Dalisay pine for each other! 


Extras: Evan and Dalisay's POV




Comments