The Lying Game by Ruth Ware

 


Mystery fans will love this book! Every single character has their secrets to add to the story. Plus, the drama and scandals are off the charts. It's a really intense read once you get into it. 

My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Mystery 


Tropes: Slow Starter, Dual Timeline, Small Town, Everyone Lies, Scandal, Who Can You Trust?


Things I liked: The secrets in this book are so intense when they come out! If this was made into a series, it would be wildly popular. I hope they do end up making a show one day. 
Ware writes some truly amazing prose throughout the whole book, I enjoyed the poetry of her words.


Things I disliked: It took me about half the book to really get into it. It was really slow to start up. 
I also think if we had switched POV's more, that would have really added to the story since all the characters were so interesting.


Audiobook or Physical? I listened to the audiobook, but I think if I had read the physical or ebook, I would have enjoyed it more. 


Extras: Isabel's POV, Dual timeline

Comments