One For My Enemy by Olivie Blake

 


This is basically a Romeo and Juliet retelling. It's a pretty unique take on the classic tale. Both families in this book are badass. Watching the chaos they cause as they try to discredit the other is intense.  


My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Contemporary Fantasy


Tropes: Rival families, Magic, Deals, Forbidden Romance


Things I liked: There's some really strong female characters in this book, which was really nice! 

I liked the beginning of the book a lot, I felt everything was set up well. 


Things I disliked: There's almost no real consequences to the actions of the characters. Which really takes away from anything they try to do in my eyes. 

The story could have been resolved quicker. Half the book felt like it was dragging its feet. 


Audiobook or Physical? I listened to the audiobook, I liked it, but I found that speeding up the audiobook made this one easier for me to listen to. The recording felt like it was slowed down somehow. I did really love the narrators voice, however, so Ferdelle Capistrano made it so I could finish the audiobook at all.


Extras: Multiple POV's 


Comments