Ternion of Tarr by Bethany Arliss

 


This was such a treat to read. If you love fantasy books with that classic reluctant hero, then this is perfect for you. There's a little romance as well as mystery in the mix, which adds a little something for everyone. I honestly think this new series will put Bethany Arliss on the map as an expert fantasy author. 


My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #1 in the Simgra Series


Genre: Fantasy Fiction 


Tropes: Reluctant Hero, Magic, Who Dun It, Magical Creatures, Royal Intrigue, Forbidden Magic


Things I liked: All the characters were amazing, Rill, Sabella, and Keeva were such strong women who really drove the story. Bethany switched between the three POV'S expertly, making sure we were at the right place at the right time. 

The magic in this world is amazing. I would love to read a whole book about myths and legends of this world. Bethany's world building skills are legendary at this point. 


Things I disliked: I need to read the next book now! Waiting for the next book is going to be torture, but it will be worth the wait since I know the care she puts into writing her books


Audiobook or Physical? The ebook was really good, I loved the font choices for the names as the perspectives shifted between the characters. 


Extras: 3 POV's (Rill, Sabella and Keeva), Indie Author


Comments