If It Bleeds by Stephen King

 


I love short stories. They are such a perfect way to see quickly if you like an authors writing style. This is the first short story collection I've read of King's since becoming a fan and hope to read many more short stories written by him. 


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Colletion of 4 Short stories


Genre: Thriller, Mystery


Things I liked: The 4 short stories were all really engaging. It's amazing how King can write novels and short stories well. 


The story I liked the most was Mr.Harrigans Phone. It's amazing to see King write so well as both a young and older character, he's so great at drawing on his own experiences it makes everything feel very intense and real. 


Things I disliked: Unfortunately the short story that the collection is titled after is my least favorite. I think it would have been better as an addition to the previous book, The Outsider, since the short story was about a more modern version of the monster in the Outsider. 


Audiobook or Physical? I read the physical book. However, I'm super interested in the audiobook and will definitely listen to it sometime in the future. 


If any animals are abused, die, or are killed in this book: The rat in the Rat story does have a rough time but he ends up being okay. 


Extras: The movie that they made based on Mr.Harrigans Phone is amazing. If you have Netflix, I would definitely check it out. 


Comments