The Second Mrs.Astor by Shana Abe


 It's really cool to read a story that's attached to such a big event in history that I don't think about very often. It really put into scope how an event like this really affected so many lives. 


My Rating: 3 out of 5


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Historical Fiction 


Tropes: Titanic, Historical Figures, New York, Forbidden Love


Things I liked: It was interesting to learn a bit more about the journey of the Titanic from a different source than the movie. The way she describes the ship and how it felt being on it, being rescued, and everything was really intriguing.

I believe that the author did a wonderful job of portraying these characters' personalities. I felt like I could really see them as people. 


Things I disliked: I definitely would have liked a better explaining of who these people were. The book creates a lot of homework that we as the readers have to do. However, there's so much information that it would have made the book a lot longer, but this could have been a really positive point.

The book was pretty romance concentrated, which would have worked better if we had Mr. Astor's POV as well.

Audiobook or Physical? Audiobook was good! Lauren Ezzo does a really great job of narrating this journey. 

If any animals are abused, die, or are killed in this book: Kitty is among the victims taken by Titanic. 

Extras: Madeline's POV 


Comments