Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing by Matthew Perry with a forward by Lisa Kudrow


I'm not sure what I was expecting when I picked up this book but it was such a raw look into a man's life! He was very honest with us. I really appreciated being able to read about his journey. Life is precious and worth fighting for he did a lot of fighting throughout his life and left marks on other lives. 


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars


Part of a Series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genres: Memoir 


Things I liked: He spent his whole life trying to help people fight addiction. Reading this book will definitely help anyone see that its not worth it and so I think his legacy lives on in a way he would have liked.

The book is overall terribly sad, he was such a troubled person but tried his best to be better and to make people smile. Its hard to read about how enthusiastic he was about the next part of his journey and it was so short lived. But he lived and did his best its such a sad and touching insight into his life.


Things I disliked: I do wish there was an afterward written by someone in his life. Specifically in editions sold after he passed away. 


Audiobook or Physical? The audiobook has his reading his book to us, I always love the audiobooks for memoirs. It feels super personal and intense.

Comments