My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Part of a Series or Standalone: Standalone
Genres: Fantasy, Horror, Mystery
Tropes: Small Town Drama, An Offer You Can't Refuse, Nobody Can See The Truth, Turning Against Each Other, Paranoia
Things I liked: The book really gets a lot more substance when you take into account King's state in his life. He was just fresh out of recovery from drug abuse so in this book he burns it all down. Making way for a new beginning.
Theres actually a really interesting connection to where bad things happen when Gaunt shows up I encourage you to look up where exactly Gaunt went next.
Things I disliked: I wasn't very attached to most of the characters and there were so many of them. The book should have been a lot longer to give us more time with all the characters and grow to love them deeply. The stakes just didn't feel as high to me due to this.
Audiobook or Physical? I listened to the audiobook but if I were to read it again I would try the physical book.
If animals are abused, die or are killed in this book: Rader the dog gets murdered to send a message about 36% through the book.
Mr.Gaunt has a rat trapped and killed for his dinner about 58% into the book.
Tammy Faye the parakeet gets skewered by Frank about 73% thru the book
Extras: Switches POV's

Comments
Post a Comment