The Gunslinger by Stephen King

 


Roland is a little slut! 

My Rating: 3 out of 5

Part of a Series or Standalone: #1 in the Dark Tower Series

Genres: Epic High Fantasy 

Tropes: Flashback in a flashback, After the End, Guns Akimbo, Training From Hell, Chasing After Evil

Things I liked: Definitely a lot of ground work being laid for a whole series. Once I get more into the series I'm sure I will appreciate this first book more. 

Things I disliked: I wanted it to be more like a Western. I love a good classic Western! 

Audiobook or Physical? I listened to the audiobook, I had to switch narrators though, the George Guidall version I struggled to follow. I was able to find the Frank Muller version on YouTube. Its sad he couldn't complete the series hes a good Roland. After I run out of his narrations I'm going to have to switch to the physical books.


If animals are abused, die or are killed in this book: A mule dies, probably of dehydration. 
A hawk named David is sacrificed, used as a weapon in an ancient ritual. Its pretty graphic so watch out

Extras: Roland's POV 

Comments