I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I wasn't sure where it was going at the beginning. However it does an excellent job of showing the beauty of humanity as we try to communicate, connect and so often miss the mark at times.
My Rating: 5 out of 5
Part of a Series or Standalone: Standalone
Tropes: Wars aftermath, Ragtag production, Odd Couple Friendship, Storytelling to preserve, Needless Death
Things I liked: At first I didn't know what to think of the main character other than he seemed like a punk. But he was just young and experiencing things young people shouldn't have to. I ended really liking his character growth.
Things I disliked: It was short, I would have loved more time with everyone and maybe a longer ending.
Audiobook or Physical? I listened to the audiobook which was really good! It was read by the author which was the perfect choice this time.
If animals are abused, die or are killed in this book: A horse is ridden beyond what it should be. Its unclear if it dies from this
Extras: Lampo's POV

Comments
Post a Comment