October 2023 Monster Manor Readathon




This month I'm going to do the Fantasy Fellowship Monster Manor readathon! I'm going to be trying to do Nightmare mode! Which means 14 books to read this month, Fantasy Fellowship Instagram Page The link to the discord is in their bio! Its a very fun and friendly discord. 

I did accidentally think I was supposed to start with the Ghost prompt but we have to start with the Vampire prompt! So I'm reading An Affair of Poisons by Addie Thorley for a book with blood on the cover, this one has just a drop but it's still blood some I'm counting it. Even though I won't get point until I do both Vampire prompts I will still get access to the rest of the Manor after finishing this book. I did have this one in my Audible library for a bit so I'm excited to be finally reading it. 



The next book I finished filled one of the Mummy spots! The prompt was a book that's inspired by mythology or set in a hot climate! I read Electric Idol by Katee Robert for this one. 



Today 10/9 I finished my 3rd book! A Lion Among Men by Gregory Maguire which counts for the Ghost Prompt (A Book With A White Cover or Edges). I have a copy I bought at a library sale that matches this! So that's 3 down 11 more to go and still no points. Hopefully I will rack some up soon. 


I have also finished the other Ghost prompt! So now I'm actually on the board with 40 points! I read Bridging the Silence by Amy Kaybach! Which was a Rockstar romance novel. I've had this one on my tbr pile for awhile so it was definitely haunting me!


After this one I was able to do the Zombie prompt with the Clementine Complex by Bob Mortimer! It was more of a mystery novel than anything else. The Zombie prompt was to read a book that's an easy no brains required. Which this book was both fun and intense enough like a movie. I'm now almost done with a book that should fill one of the Witch prompts 10/13. Today is actually Friday the 13th, how exciting! 




I did end up getting some more points! I completed the other Witch prompt by finishing A Starless Clan: Shadow by Erin Hunter! It was very good! I have a nostalgic weakness for Warrior Cats books. The Witch prompt I completed was A book with Nature or witchy items on the cover. Cats and tall grass are definitely nature items! I might struggle to get more points one of the books I'm reading currently doesn't really fit any prompt. All in all I have 70 points now! So that means I've gotten the Scooby-Doo rank, which honestly I'm pretty good with for now at least. 


I ended up finishing this readathon with 180 points which gave me the Witcher role! I ended up reading 12 books for the readathon which was a really good goal! The rest of the books I read were:

  • Anyway the Wind Blows by Rainbow Rowell for the Witch prompt (A book with a magic system)
  • Beautiful Malady by Ennis Rook Bashe which was a collection of poems for the Zombie prompt (A book with skulls on the cover)
  • Salem's Lot by Stephen King for the Mummy prompt (a book featuring Halloween Monsters)
  • Wilder Girls by Rory Power for the Vampire prompt ( a dark academia or similar themes)
  • Cursed by Marissa Meyer for the Demon prompt ( A book featuring the Underworld, Hell or afterlife) 
  • The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins for the other Demon prompt ( A book that scares you) This one scared me because the relationship dynamics were giving big yikes vibes.

Comments