My Roommate is a Vampire by Jenna Levine

 


A perfect cozy contemporary romance with some paranormal involved! This is definitely the funniest novel I have read in a while. If you want to be even more entertained, read Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire while you read this. It's very jarring the differences between the two.


My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Contemporary Romance 


Tropes: Roommates, Embarrassing Powers, Trying to Blend in, Vampires, Starving artist


Things I liked: This novel was super funny, I loved reading about Frederick's many miscalculations since he hadn't experienced this modern time yet. 

Cassie's dreams and struggles were relateable as well as endearing. 


Things I disliked: Frederick's character could have been a bit more flushed out. We don't really know his dreams or motivations, really other than wanting to blend in with humans.

I also wish we could see Cassie's art. The descriptions sounded really interesting. I wanted to be able to see them in person.


Audiobook or Physical? I read the physical copy since it was part of a Once Upon a Bookclub experience. The book came with the author signature and some gifts, which I will also be sharing. I really would love to revisit this book by listening to the audiobook!


Good Quote: "That man is head over fangs for you." 


Extras: Cassie's POV, debute novel









Comments