Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir

 


It's an excellent read for sci-fi lovers! It's so good that I think it will get more people into the Sci-Fi genre. A story about faith, friendship, and bravery. I know people will end up loving Ryland Grace while he teaches us about science and space exploration. 


My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Science Fiction 


Tropes: Amnesia, Aliens, Ticking Clock, Space Travel


Things I liked: Ryland Grace was such a good complex man, I loved reading about him, and I was captivated by all the science discussed in the book. 

The Dual Timeline worked really well in this book. Since Grace has amnesia, we get to put the pieces together at the same time, which really makes a deep connection between the reader and Grace.


Things I disliked: I would love to have known a bit more about what was happening on Earth while Grace was doing his science in space. However, it would have distracted too much from Grace, which would have been a shame, so I understand why this wasn't done. Hopefully, we can get an extra book in the future with insights about Earth during this time of crisis. 


Audiobook or Physical? I read the physical book, since Libby only had the Kindle version available, I did end up buying a copy to finish off the book since I knew almost right away it was worth 5 stars. I will be listening to the audiobook sometime in the future for sure. 


Good Quote(s): "The whole world put you in charge of solving this problem, and you came directly to a junior high school science teacher?"


"I pull the stopwatch from my toga (the best ancient Greek philosophers always carried stopwatches in their togas)."


If any animals are abused, die, or are killed in this book: Monkeys are used in animal testing on page 255.


Extras: Ryland Grace's POV


Comments