The Fireman by Joe Hill

 


I have always really loved Joe Hill. His writing has so much depth. I will literally read anything he writes. This book keeps delivering the whole time. The book kept me on the edge of my seat. Surviving in a plague, riddled world is no joke. 


My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Thriller, Science Fiction 


Tropes: Apocalyptic, Beneficial Disease, Celebrity Causality, Slow Burn, Easter Eggs


Things I liked: Harper is such a badass! She's grows so much over the whole book and really learns what she wants in the end. 

John is such a show off, which we all love him for it. For a reluctant hero, he pretty much takes the cake for me. 

The villans in this book were super awful, but that just made the conflict with them so much more interesting!


Things I disliked: At the end, I would have loved if there was just a little bit more. While I can guess what happened at the end, I just wanted it written out in a few chapters. 


Audiobook or Physical? This audiobook was awesome! Kate Mulgrew will always be Harper and the crew in my head.


If any animals are abused, die, or are killed in this book, a cat is thrown by a shovel that kills him off screen.


Extras: Harper's POV 


Comments