Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin

 


While writing this review, I ended up lowering the rating of this one. I realized I didn't really love a lot of the book. Don't get me wrong, the story was interesting, which is why I ended up finishing it, but overall, it wasn't one I could praise too much. 


My Rating: 2 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Fiction


Tropes: #Gamers, Coming of Age, Not like other girls, Theres no do overs here, Found Family


Things I liked: There's a portion of the book where Sadie was playing the game Pioneers, and I loved the way she experienced playing that game. 


Things I disliked: I really disliked Sadie. She was so awful to Sam and acted like she had the monopoly on experiencing deep emotions. 

At times, I disliked Sam, I feel his love for Sadie came out of the blue! I was convinced for most of the book that he was asexual and aromantic, which I would have liked it if he had stayed that way. It took a lot away from the depth of their friendship. 

Overall, the book tried to discuss deep issues while staying very surface level, which in the end just came off as very pretentious. 


Audiobook or Physical? The audiobook was very good! Jennifer Kim and Julian Cihi did an excellent job together and really added to the story. 


Extras: Multiple POV's (mostly Sam and Sadie) 

Comments