Teach the Torches to Burn by Caleb Roehrig

 


This one is really good for anyone wanting a really good romance! It was sweet and honest. I thought the pacing overall was good, and everyone got their chance to shine in their own ways. I also think it's a really unique take on Romeo and Juliet, which is always nice to see.

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Romance 


Tropes: My Best Friends Brother, Politics, Clever Monk, Star-Crossed Lovers,  First Love, Apothecary


Things I liked: This book was very romantic. It was easy to relate with Romeo as he embarks on his first love. 

Juliet was such a badass! It was also nice to see some asexual representation. 

I also really like Friar Laurence. He was so patient, kind, and helpful! Its nice to see an adult who didn't want to use these kids as chess pieces on a board, who wanted to truly help them. 

You can also tell how much careful research went into this book, Caleb really took the time it an authentic experience!


Things I disliked: I would really love to see more from these characters. This book was so good that I really want more. Maybe a book from Juliet's perspective in the future? 


Audiobook or Physical? I read the physical hardcopy of this book! I'm curious about the audiobook, I bet it's good. I will have to give it a listen in the future. 


Good Quote: "After all, as my father likes to say: If you can't find someone else to blame, you are not trying hard enough."


Extras: Romeo's POV

Comments