Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice

 


I will always be in awe of Anne Rice's writing she is a legend who always delivers. Her characters, prose, and story are all perfect. This was my second read of this book, and it's even better than I remembered it.


My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #1 in the Vampire Chronicles (13 books total) 


Genre: Vampire literature, Fantasy Fiction 


Tropes: What does it mean to be human, Being immortal causes complications, Just two men and their daughter, All Part of the Show, Creepy Child, This interview seems really long, Mob mentality, Everything changes but me


Things I liked: I worship Anne Rice's prose every single time she describes even the smallest detail. It's both poetic and beautiful! 

Louis will always be a dear character to me, as our introduction into the series and as we learn the most emotional and human of most of the vampires 

I have read all 13 books in the series, and it's so interesting to start such a large series over again, especially when I know all the intense stuff coming up! 


Things I disliked: Claudia was such a creepy character! She did add to the story, but at what cost. 

The interview format was really interesting, but it also limited what we the readers knew. 


Audiobook or Physical? The audiobook was amazing! Simon Vance does an amazing job he also can pronounce french words unlike me. 


Good Quote: "My memory is too clear; too sharp; things should wear at the edges, and what is unresolved should soften. So, scenes are near my heart like pictures in lockets, yet monstrous pictures no artist or camera would ever catch; and over and over I would see Claudia at the piano's edge that last night when Lestat was playing, preparing to die, her face when he was taunting her, that contortion that at once became a mask; attention might have saved his life, if, in fact he were dead at all."


If any animals are abused, die, or are killed in this book: Louis does drink animals a few times.


Extras: Louis's POV, This book is the origins of the modern vampires that we have today, this is an amazing bookclub book there's so many discussions we were able to have while reading this.

Comments