The Anthropocene Reviewed: Essays on a Human-Centered Planet by John Green

 


John shares with us his many insights and life experiences. I found the book so enjoyable that I was telling my friends about it constantly. Sharing the new facts, I learned about many new subjects. It's was a good way to get introduced to a lot of subjects since you never know what's going to catch your interest. 


My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Nonfiction 


Tropes: Podcast turned book, Showing the research, let's get personal


Things I liked: John covered a wide variety of subjects which I loved learning about each one. He also was very open about how he felt and how things had affected him in the past and present. Hearing about his current and past struggles made him very easy to relate with he would say something that would just instantly snag on something deep inside of you.


Things I disliked: It was too short, I know there's a podcast, but I still would love another book like this. Hopefully, he also writes a book reviewing how he feels now about what he wrote, especially since most of it was written during isolation of the COVID pandemic. 


Audiobook or Physical? Audiobook is a must! Especially since this book originally started as a podcast series, John's voice also adds to the emotional content of his stories. 


Extras: John shares his insights and emotions 

Comments