The Second Life of Mirielle West by Amanda Skenandore

 


Historical fiction always holds so many surprises! I learned so much while reading this book and really connected with the characters. If you love well researched emotional reads, this book is perfect for you.


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Historical Fiction 


Tropes: Hollywood, Nuns, 1920s, Medical


Things I liked: There were a few parts where the author depicts depression is such an accurate way that I was blown away. It made it a lot easier to understand the character and her struggles. 

At first the main character Mirielle is very unlikable, shes spoiled and obnoxious but she's so real and becomes such a strong person as she faces many hardships, I loved the character growth we got to see her go through.

A lot of the supporting characters added so many layers and emotional value to the narrative, I loved every character dearly and wanted the best for them. 


Things I disliked: It was very heartbreaking to read about the added difficulties that people effected by leprosy had to go through during this time, and it's shocking to know that this was not that long ago!


Audiobook or Physical? Audiobook was amazing. It was so easy to get into the story, thanks to Nicole Poole


Extras: Mirielle's POV 

Comments