The Clementine Complex by Bob Mortimer

 


If you like cozy mysteries with a cast of wacky characters and circumstances, you will definitely like this book. I have discovered that cozy books are my favorite type, so this was a very awesome find for me in particular. There's also a cute squirrel that keeps showing up to help our hero throughout the story.


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Cozy Mystery


Tropes: Outsmarting the Criminal, Slice of Life, Helpful Neighbor, Caught in the Middle, Love at First Sight, Ridiculous Circumstances, Socks are funny, Cake and Coffee fix everything. 


Things I liked: This story is very sweet at times. The relationship between Gary and his neighbor was particularly sweet. There was a very innocent aspect to Gary at times that had us rooting for him even if he was a bit hopeless at times. 


Things I disliked: The humor at times in a book format kinda went over my head. Sometimes, the jokes didn't land because I was reading it with a more American outlook. 


Audiobook or Physical? I read the physical cop, and now I really want to listen to the audiobook, I think that will make the books land better.


Extras: Mostly Gary's POV



Comments