Riverstar's Home by Erin Hunter

 


Riverstar was voted by the fans to have his own book. While this is amazing, it also makes me worry that maybe there wasn't enough substance there to begin, and this is why the book lacks a little. However, I will say overall I did enjoy this book, I feel like the little nuggets here and there were worth it for a long-time fan like myself. 


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone (In a series of standalones) 


Genre: Fantasy Fiction


Tropes: Outcast, Beginnings, Journey, You have to choose, Never Got to Say Goodbye, Fate, Perspective Flip


Things I liked: It was interesting seeing the events of Dawn of the Clans from a different perspective! 

A lot of the background characters were very neat. They added a lot to the story for me. 


Things I disliked: The beginning was very slow. The overall pacing of the book in general could have been better.

I felt Riverstar was lacking, I couldn't put my finger on it, but all the other leaders always seemed super impressive while Riverstar just seemed almost whimpy. I found myself being more curious about Night!


Audiobook or Physical? The audiobook was very good! However, I did miss MacLeod Andrews, who narrates for most of the books. 


Extras: Riverstar's POV

Comments