The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix

 


If you are a fan of books that will make you squirm and rage, this is a really good book to read. The women are all so interesting that you will find yourself sympathetizing with all of them in one way or another. The book is very compelling, which turns it into quite the page turner as you get more and more invested.


My Rating: 4 out of 5


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone 


Genre: Horror, Mystery 


Tropes: Vampire, Missing Children, Moms on the case, Greed, Friendship, Anicent Evil


Things I liked: The way that Hendrix writes women was really accurate, I could relate so well to Patricia. It was almost hard to read what she had to go through

The friendship that the women form throughout the book was really intense and interesting. This had me on the edge of my seat while the plot was unfolding in the book since I was rooting for them. 

The descriptions of some of the horrors in this book are very well written, I was very uncomfortable during some of these scenes in a good way. 


Things I disliked: The husbands to these women were all so close-minded and not very supportive of their spouses. 


Audiobook or Physical? The audiobook was really good, I loved Bahni Turpin as the narrator. 


If any animals are abused, die, or are killed in this book: Ragtag dies of old age. 


Extras: Patricia's POV

Comments