A Magic Steeped in Posion by Judy I. Lin

 


I really liked this one. It was neat to be thrown into a fantasy dynasty. I really loved the world building Judy did for this book. I have started the 2nd book it's called A Venom Dark and Sweet! So that review will be coming soon! 

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or standalone: #1 in the Book of Tea duology 


Genre: Fantasy Fiction 


Tropes: Power has a price, Royal Intrigue, Secret Identity, Competition, Fish Out of Water


Things I liked: The magic system in this world was fascinating. I liked the concept that different teas could do different magics. There's also a whole set of Gods and myths that I really wanna know more about! 


Things I disliked: I really didn't care for all the harsh treatment of the staff, it was really awful how they just were willing to step on them and punish them harshly for any misstep or perceived misstep. 


Audiobook or Physical? I read the physical copy,  will definitely be revisiting this by listening to the audiobook in the future. 


Extras: Ning's POV, there is a lesbain couple in this series! 

Comments