Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie

 


If you want a quick kinda pallet cleanser, this is a good one. Overall, it's a good mystery novel, I did find it reassuring when I was right at the end, so there is that sense of being validated. 


My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #18 of Hercule Poirot, and #3 in Colonel Race but can be read as a standalone 


Genre: Mystery, Crime Fiction


Tropes:  Everyone has a motive, Who dun it, Blackmail, Book Ends, Love Triangle


Things I liked: I like that I was able to guess what happened! I was pretty satisfied with myself. Also, the book gives enough clues to figure it out before the mystery gets solved, so it was well written in that aspect. 


Things I disliked: I honestly didn't care too much about the characters, I think if the book had been a lot longer, we could feel invested in the characters the deaths and discoveries would have been more impactful. 


Audiobook or Physical? I read the audiobook. However, I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had read the physical copy. The voice they do for Hercule Poirot was just really weird it was hard to be impressed by him. 


Extras: Third person POV mostly follwimg Hercule.

Comments