Seven Faceless Saints by M.K. Lobb


 

Such an emotional romance between two people whose ideals seem to be directly against each other. She's a rebel trying to prove that her privileges don't make her a liability. While he's trying to protect people but he knows that what he's doing only protects those who have been blessed by the saints. These two team up to solve some murders, you know just casually. 


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #1 in Seven Faceless Saints series


Genre: Romance, Dark Fantasy 


Tropes: Enemies to Lovers, Second Chance Romance, Theocracy just doesn't work, Revolution Brewing, War leaves scars on us all, Magic to the Blessed


Things I liked: Rossana was such a strong female protagonist. I loved seeing things from her point of view! I found the saints to be really interesting. I hope M.K. Lobb will be coming out with a book of solely myths and stories of the saints in this world.  


Things I disliked: I liked the romance overall, but I do think at times the author tries a little too hard to make it fit in every situation or have it be behind every choice the characters make. Damian ends up making more sacrifices than Rossana, which makes it a tad unbalanced in my eyes.

Audiobook or Physical? I listened to the audiobook it was really good. The choices they made for Damian and Rossana's voices were spot on. 

Extras: Multiple POV's mostly Damian and Rossana, The second book Disciples of Chaos comes out in Feb 2024 

Comments