The Book Eaters by Sunyi Dean

 


Overall, it was an amazing read. I really wanna read some more books by this Sunyi Dean! Definitely a good book if you like to see a mothers love out wieght her need to fit in. It's also a book where all the characters make some horrible choices or do horrible things in order to survive. 

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 

Part of a series or standalone: Standalone 

Genre: Fantasy Fiction, Contemporary Fantasy, Dark Fantasy 


Tropes:  Patriarchy, Fantasy Race, Fratcured Fairy Tale, Forced Marriages, Strong Female Lead


Things I liked: It was really cool to see how all the different families prepared books to eat and how they lived. I loved that Devon was such a strong female protagonist, she was really a force to be reckoned with it was awesome. 


Things I disliked: I really wish this was a series, I would have loved to read from one of the older aunt's points of view! Or even some of the males in the families! 


Audiobook or Physical? I read the physical book which I have a beautiful edition of it was very good! 


Extras: Past Devon and Present Devon POV's, some LGBTQ reps



Comments