The Golem and Jinni by Helen Wecker


 

If you are a big fan of supernatural creatures, this is a really good book to read. Fantasy at is finest if you ask me, I'm very excited to read the second book in the series The Hidden Palace.


My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or standalone: #1 in Golem and Jinni series 


Genre: Fantasy Fiction


Tropes: Supernatural beings, Hiding in plain sight, Learning to be human.


Things I liked: This book took such a realistic view on so many things it wasn't just about being happy it was about what does being happy even mean to this or that person. Also the descriptions were *chefs kiss* 


Things I disliked: Some of the deaths that happened were a little too convenient, I would have liked to see the characters deal with the consequences of those characters living. 


Audiobook or Physical? I've read this book twice the first time, just the physical copy, and this time, I listened to the audiobook. George Guidall does a truly amazing job as the narrator. 


Extras: Switches between a few points of view. We get a little from everyone but mostly from the Golem and Jinni

Comments